Entangled Religions is an interdisciplinary academic journal, published online by the Käte Hamburger Kolleg Dynamics in the History of Religions between Asia and Europe as part of CERES. Thematically, Entangled Religions deals with encounters between different religious traditions and concomitant processes of transfer in past and present times. The journal aims at overcoming the historically established disciplinary cleaveages in religious studies by providing a common point of departure. Inter- and intra-religious processes initiated by religious encounter are a focal point of research on religion, enabling researchers from various academic backgrounds to share their respective research. Entangled Religions is an open access journal following the Golden Way which provides several advantages. First, open access increases the visibility and efficacy of articles. Second, the time until actual publication is shortened significantly.
Guiding Concepts for Contributions to Entangled Religions
The guiding concepts provide a discussion of concepts and terms we deem crucial for the analysis of religious contact and transfer. Thus, they provide a basis of analytical concepts, which Entangled Religions will draw from. We encourage authors to engage them as they see fit – whether as a source of inspiration or a reason for critique – in their contributions. The guiding concepts are based on the Working Paper Series developed at the Käte Hamburger Kolleg Dynamics in the History of Religions between Asia and Europe, and reflect the ongoing conceptual discussions within the research team.
- KHK Working Paper "Typology"
- KHK Working Paper "Purity"
- KHK Working Paper "Senses"
- KHK Working Paper "Media"
- KHK Working Paper "Gender"
- KHK Working Paper "Dynamics & Stability"
- KHK Working Paper "Transcendence & Immanence"
- KHK Working Paper "Secret & Secrecy"
- KHK Working Paper "Tradition"
Facts & Figures
- Journal: Entangled Religions
- URL: http://er.ceres.rub.de/
- Editor-in-chief: Volkhard Krech
- Editorial board: Anna Akasoy, Andreas Bendlin, Sven Bretfeld, Alexandra Cuffel, Licia Di Giacinto, Georgios Halkias, Zara Pogossian, Kianoosh Rezania, Dorothea Weltecke
- Managing editor: Julia Reiker
- Contact: email@example.com
- ISSN 2363-6696