Areas of Research
- Material Religion (buildings and images in religious communities)
- Religion and Popular Culture
- Religion and Media (Science Fiction and Video Games)
- New Religous Movements and Social Change
- American Religion (Evangelicalism; especially Cowboy Christianity)
- Religion and Modernity
Teaching Assistant "Introduction to Religious Studies"
Teaching Assistant "Between the flood of images and iconoclasm: On the role of images in religion and society"
Teaching Assisatant "Introduction to Religious Studies"
November 2020: "Riding, Roping, Resurrected – When Christianity meets Horsemanship". Symposium at the Folkwang University of the Arts as part of the inter-university series "Ethnology in the Ruhr Area.
January 2019 – June 2019: Study and research stay at the University of Kansas, KS, US. Field research on the subject of "Cowboy Churches."